If you are in the US, I hope you’re enjoying Thanksgiving with a hearty meal shared with friends and family, passing along the gravy and going in for seconds!
Thanksgiving marks the official season of gratitude. Giving appreciation out loud and counting your blessings for everything you have in your life.
We have so much to be grateful for, each and every day. But at times, it can feel like a constant struggle to feel grateful, with the daily demands of life, feeling defeated and distracted; that in the midst of our chaos and “busyness” we forget to stop and give thanks for our blessings.
But why make gratitude a seasonal affair? Practicing gratitude is truly the gateway to being open to receiving even more greatness and abundance in your life.
So today, I’m feeling grateful for:
- Being able to travel and explore 12+ countries with 75 strangers (who quickly turned into family)
- My parents, friends and family for all their unconditional love and support
- For always having a home to go back to (and for the people who are always there to welcome me with open arms)
- My nieces and nephews, because they light up my life
- My best girl friends + sister, for all the love and laughs
- My healthy mind, heart and body for keeping me alive and well
- The internet! Because I can run my business from anywhere and can stay connected with friends and family (even when we are so far apart).
- Having no traffic on my way to the office, because well .. I don’t have to commute
- The smell of jasmine growing on the trees
- My passport, because I am able to travel anywhere in this beautiful world!
- My personal freedom, because I am free to live my life as I choose and with whom I choose
- Tears, because when there are no words, tears express how we feel inside
- Wisdom that comes with age, because it shows us that we are constantly learning, growing and evolving
- Ambition, because it has given me the drive to go after the things I want/have in my life
- Dreams, because they remind me that anything is possible
- Intuition, because it has always led me down the right path
- Mistakes, because they have enabled me to learn and grow
- Spontaneity, because sometimes the best things in life just aren't planned
- Imagination, because the mind is limitless
- Courage, because with it, we can do anything (even the things that scare us)
- Forgiveness, because it allows us to let go
- Relativity, because without bad … I wouldn’t be able to experience good, without hate … I wouldn’t be able to experience love, without darkness .. I wouldn’t be able to experience light.
- Beautiful memories, because they keep us connected to our past, allowing us to remember the things, moments and people who brought us happiness and joy
I’M GRATEFUL FOR THE UNLIMITED THINGS TO BE GRATEFUL FOR! Because just when you think you have thought of everything, you realize there is ALWAYS more .. and that’s a beautiful thing.
Cultivating an attitude of gratitude truly does lead to a more fulfilling life.
Choose gratitude, choose love, choose to see the beauty in your life. The fact that you are alive, that you got out of bed this morning, for the breath you just took, for the stranger who gave you a smile today.
Be intentional, write it down. Challenge yourself to find 10 things to be grateful for, each and every day. You will be surprised how creative you can get and all the amazing things you begin to notice. There is nothing too big or too small. Can’t find 10? Start with 1. :)
You will begin to FEEL your life changing. Your life becomes filled with light and optimism. It’s more expansive and fulfilling. You feel more at peace and at ease.
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough” - Oprah Winfrey
Sending you love and blessings, today and every day.
Come on over an join us at the Ambitious Female Entrepreneurs Facebook group and let us know what you are feeling grateful for!
With love and gratitude.